Sunday, June 12, 2011

Order My Steps

I’m back, after more than 2 years, after living in 8 different places, working 3 different jobs and mostly not having a clue what in the world God was doing with me.

There’s something to be said for merely being along for the ride, not knowing where my foot is going to land until it does, for adventure and disappointments and risks and spontaneity and courage, for this crazy journey. There is also something to be said for stability and purposeful intent, for goals and consistency, long term planning, determination and dedication.

I’ve always preferred the latter, but usually lived out the former. Apparently, God likes to keep me guessing, flexible and at His disposal. Or maybe I’m not listening well enough, and He is actually telling me things that I don’t hear until the last minute. Maybe I hear it then simply because He’s gracious enough to make sure I don’t entirely miss out on what He has planned for me.

This season seems to be a mix of spontaneous and long term vision. I have no idea where it will lead, but I know that God does not waste anything - experiences, encounters or lessons. I desperately want to learn everything, meet everyone and do all He wants me to - nothing more and nothing less.

“Open my eyes and I shall see. Incline my heart and I shall desire. Order my steps and I shall walk in the ways of Your commandments.”

No comments:

Post a Comment